Re: Leaf spot, Gene, Culture, Location....

Hi everyone,
I am Edmundas from Lithuania. It's about 300 km farther than Sweden to =
Ost.The problem with leaf spot for us are the same. We often have humid =
summers and abundant rains. This disease is result of infection by =
parasitic fungi from Genus Heterosporium. We call this disease =
Heterosporiosis. The same disease can be affected by bacterium from =
Genus Xanthomonas.=20
Here in Lithhuania we have wonderful pine forests with lot of maschrooms =
in humid summer and autumn periods. It's no wonder, that those fungi =
also like humid weather.=20
Most I also remove affected leaves by cuting, in early periods only =
above part. But you must know, that except humidity luck of phosphorus =
and lime in the soil increase danger of disease. Of course, as all =
living being, irises also have different resistance for this disease, so =
one can find plants more or less resistant. Beardless irises are quite =
resistant as it grow in humid areas and are adopted to that conditions.
Good results can be achieved I think if spray plants at right time  with =
fungicides. What time is right? If  rainy time is not long the best is =
after rain. If humid period so far long some times to spray is well. But =
fungi grow only in warm humidity. If humid period is cool there is no =
need to spray. Here is explanation why irises are more healthy grown in =
shade. There is cool, instead  sunny place and fungi do not grow.

Are somebody feel virus is set to this list? I had problems to write =
this message, but earlier I had no such a  crazy things with jumping =
cursor all around interface.

Edmundas Kondratas
Lithuania, Kaunas