Re: Leaf Spot: Gene, Culture, Location, Gardener

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Leaf Spot: Gene, Culture, Location, Gardener
  • From: "Joe Spears" <argliris@gte.net>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 17:59:28 -0700 (MST)

We use a product called Fung-Away by the Green Light Co. in San Antonio to
control leaf spot.  It is systemic and for the last three years it has
provided near complete control with one light spraying (some mist on each
fan) during the rainy spring season.  We have used it as a curative on
really sick plants and it stops the problem immediately.

The product comes only in pints and quarts.  I have written the company for
larger quantities and they say that for now quarts are as large as they will
supply.  The quart sells for $10 at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.  Fairly
expensive since a quart makes only about 4 gallons.  We use it in our
display gardens and have noticed no adverse effects.

Joe and Donna Spears
Argyle Acres