Leaf Spot--aphids--foliar feeding

Donald, I'm sure the "mouthwash" gardner you mean is Jerry Baker, who has=
grand time gardening and does books, radio, TV and garden/home shows.  He=

uses mostly household products for insect control including Fels Naptha
soap, insect soaps (like flea shampoo for dogs), onion juice for aphids,
borers (foliar spray before noon) or how about dish soap, tobacco juice,
witch hazel and instant tea after 7pm.  I have used some of his methods f=
or
years (lawn fertilizer formula is pasted inside the kitchen cabinet-Grama=

Pitt's Spring Tonic-beer, Epsom salts, mouth wash, ammonia) and some work=

well.  I make one trip to the Dollar Store in the Spring and stock up.  I=
you look at the chemistry, most make sense.  But, we do use Cygon IIE on
the iris when the crocus come up as my experimental beds with other metho=
ds
was a mess of borers in no time!  I will try beneficial nemotodes this ye=
ar
on another experimental bed.

Rita Gormley
Cedar Hill, MO Zone 5, where borers abound