Re: OT:Garden Report part II

>From Rusty:

>I forgot to mention my seedlings in my last garden report.  They have
>actually done *better* than the other plants in that particular garden.
>I think they may be "tricked" into blooming this year, they're getting
>so big.  Anyway, some of them are growing practically on top of other
>irises, and I noticed something... Have any of you ever noticed that the
>fans of certain culitvars are a different shade of green than the plant
>they grow right next to?  Just curious.
>
>Rusty

Yes, Rusty.  And another cool thing about seedlings is that the more you
handle them in replanting, etc, the more you'll notice subtle but consistent
differences in foliage form and growth as well as color, long before you get
to see the flower.  And if you have a poor grower, you can dump it now
before you fall in love with the bloom.  Can't wait to hear what you end up
with.

Barb in Santa Fe, where my danfordiaes have been blooming since the 27th,
three weeks early.