Re: Guo Rong, Sweet Sixteen

<<  Singaporean boys' language has been Americanized, as we just
 saw a few days ago, to our dismay.  We're reaping what we've sown. >>

There is plenty of historical evidence that people in foreign lands are quite
capable of behaving badly without our influence and I for one do not feel the
least inclination to accept one iota of responsibility for this churl's
outburst. Singapore is one of the more repressive countries of the area and if
he is feeling puerile frustrations of some sort and lashing out perhaps it has
more to do with his own culture than with ours.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,Va
Henry Hall henryanner@aol.com