PCN Hardiness

Greetings to all on the list.  I have several questions that I hope
someone out there might answer for me.
1.  I ordered and received some PCN seeds from CA this January
unfortunately they were exposed to -5 F in the mail.  I went ahead and
seeded them indoors but after 2 weeks I see no signs of germination.
Were they destroyed by the cold or am I just impatient?

2.  I live in Zone 5  Is there any chance I can winter PCN's through
here or am I wasting my time?

3.  Will Cal-Sibes  do OK here, and if so is any work being done on
trying to develop a fertile hybrid of these two species?

I really appreciate any answers anyone might be able to give me to these
questions.
Tim Hall
Williams Bay, WI