Re: Guo Rong, Sweet Sixteen

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Guo Rong, Sweet Sixteen
  • From: Mark Thornsburg <thrnsbrg@flash.net>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 16:12:06 -0700 (MST)

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist...

Harry Dewey wrote:

> <snip>  There was only one
> Singapore site, and that was INDEED our very own "Guo Rong" who has a
> marvelously sophisticated web site, quite beautiful.  It announces that
> he is 16.  After spending five minutes at the site, I gathered that he is
> a typical Singaporean teen-age boy, and startlingly like a 16-year old
> American boy.

(and) The only thing different is that I wouldn't have used that kind of
language.   But if his web site is a guide, I don't think the younger generation
is going to hell in a handbasket after all.  I was actually heartened; I thought
teenagers were much more depraved than this web site demonstrates.

Well, Mr. Dewey... I am *SO* glad to know that you are heartened by a 16 year old
that cusses us all out, but not by one that has been on this list and never been
that offensive.  (Yes, I've made mistakes, and challenged a few adults on this
list, but I don't remember using obscenities to do it._  While I can't claim to
be as pure as the driven snow, I certainly don't use that language!