Iris Clipart: a proposal

Hi, all:

I managed to make a hash of messages yesterday, i.e., sending one meant
for Claire Peplowski personally to the List as a whole. However, it
seems many people would like to have computer clipart of irises to use
in club newsletters, bulletins, etc. The biggest need appears to be for
B & W line art or grayscale work that can be presentably photocopied,
whether the "master" page is created entirely on the computer or by cut
& paste, printing the text & clipart separately.

I'm not doing any newsletters right now but have in the past & know how
tough it can be to find usable artwork, especially when the budget only
allows for photocopying the final product. Depending on the complexity,
some *color* clipart will reproduce handsomely in B & W or grayscale,
especially if it can be printed on a laser printer before photocopying
-- or the color can usually be dropped out without destroying the
design. Color photos can also work, tho they may have to be converted to
grayscale or half-tones first. Point is, there are many possible sources
for usable art work if you get creative.

Here's what I propose -- I'll act as the "clearing house" for any
COPYRIGHT FREE computer-ready art I can find or that others send me,
forwarding it by email attachment to those who ask in a format they can
use. I have software that allows both importing & exporting files in a
wide variety of formats & file extensions so should be able to find one
accessible to your software. I'm also willing to scan clipart, drawings
or photos that anyone would like to share but has only paper-printed
versions of, creating computer-ready files. (My snailmail address is
below if you have something you want scanned -- doesn't matter whether
original is in color or B & W.)

What I need is for those requesting this stuff to tell me what graphics
software they have or at least what file formats they can access on
their systems -- most should be able to open .gif, .jpg, .pcx or .bmp
files if nothing else. At the moment, I have 6 or 8 pieces on hand that
I can send.

Please contact me off-List (MorJHalleck@worldnet.att.net) so we don't
make everybody nuts.

Marte Halleck