Re: CULT: Leaf Spot-Boron Deficiency?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Leaf Spot-Boron Deficiency?
  • From: Henryanner@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:57:24 -0700 (MST)

<< In the apocrypha of iris literature there is a strong belief, (myth?) that
 iris grown in urban areas where coal smoke is at high levels are usually
 completely free of leaf spot. (could they be referencing 'auld reeky'?) >>

So, I understand, is sulphur. I was reading a little book about roses and they
said that one reason the rose industry cranked in Lyon in the last century was
the high percentage of sulphur in the air from the manufacturing.

'Course that could be rose apocrypha.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,Va
Henry Hall henryanner@aol.com