SPURIAS

Dennis,
     I will keep this on list for now hoping that others who grow Spuria
Irises help on this.  Spuria Irises arose from hybridizing with species
that are native to the Middle East.  (Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iraq, Iran,
Pakistan, etc.)  They can take hear and dry conditions.  In the US, they
are most popular in the dry southwest.
     As for the flowers, they look somewhat like a giant Dutch Iris.  The
foliage is a bit like that of a Louisiana Iris, but Spurias make neater
clumps.  I am trying to grow one here in Florida.  If it lives, I may be
able to send a start by fall 1999.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.