RE: SPEC: I. Reticulata

All this discussion on reticulatas is re-stimulating my interest.  (I've
been eyeing the pictures of "Katharine Hodgkin" for a few years now.

I grew reticulatas many years ago but stopped because they all seem to
disappear on me.  In one extravagant year, I bought over one hundred
mixed cultivars, "Natascha", "Cantab" and the species.  I had a fabulous
show of colour the next spring as the snow was melting.  The next year,
however, half of them disappeared.  The following year, I had about a
dozen left.  I now have three that never fail to show up.

Question to reticulata growers:  How do you maintain your collections?

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada