South American Irids

I believe the fountain of information on South American irises will be
found at the Missouri Botanical Garden, probably Dr Peter Goldblatt
himself.  I have been looking for the website among my bookmarks but I
now have so many that I cannot find it quickly.  There is a specific
site, either at the MBG site or separately, which deals with the flora
of the tropical Americas.  You can search for the site yourself or
contact the Garden and ask them for a lead.  In the "Gardening with Iris
Species" monograph, which came out of the St Louis meeting, there are a
number of references to S.Am irids but they are largely cytological

I am sure that there are quite a few lovely species in the mountains of
Peru so, at least, take your camera!

As to the St. Louis meeting monograph, it is a great pity that this
series of papers was never edited properly and published as a book.  It
contains about 200  pages of very interesting information about irises
from world experts and yet it is basically not available to anyone who
did not attend the meeting.  This is a case of SIGNA or AIS dropping the

Ian, in Ottawa