SV: SV: Leaf Spot: Gene, Culture, Location, Gardener

This sounds interesting, I wonder.....how my seedlings will loke like

I was thinking of the iris i bought at the big garden center here
the spring -97. they was dry, packed in perforated plastic bags and with a
showy picture, of an iris without name of course telling only 'iris
germanica' - imported they was from-holland.
I bought 3 different. one blue and white bicolor, one yellow self and one
purple.
i know one of them died. but the others bloomed this summer !
Oh boy what ugly irises!!!!!!!!!!!!! Standards pale dirty yellow - falls
with some ugly purple colour.
The form reminded of some older type of iris -  more then triploid..  The
colour pattern wasent consistent, but different on all the flowers (some
had purple on part of standards). and most of them was misformed (missed
standards or or part of standards or looked funny in other ways.

I wonder if its possible to produce an iris worse then those. I think ill
disintegrate them.  :-)

Gunnar

> Fren: L.Zurbrigg <z88keys@mindspring.com>
> Till: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>

> an excellent thing. I would warn you that the seedlings are apt to be
> rather poor in form in this first generation. Lloyd Zurbrigg in Durham
NC.