Re: SPEC: I. Reticulata

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC: I. Reticulata
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:20:30 -0700 (MST)

Bill Shear wrote:
> I suspect that using a raised bed with more
> grit and sand in the soil would help.

Based on the literature we dug out, various folks' experience, and wild
speculation the first spring of the iris-list which suggested the above
might work, I hauled a bunch of sandy alluvial deposits from the creek
bed this fall to make a narrow raised bed adjacent to my new rebloomer
bed and bought a few of the now famous Park's reticulata mixture.  So
far, most of mine are the ones with the white speckles on the falls, but
one great ol big one has the yellow stripe.  I will keep track of how
many come up each year and (assuming we are all still talking about
this) post the results.

Rick Tasco - I hope your identification quest for these guys is
successful.  Mostly so if/when I order more, I'll know what I already
have some of.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA