OT: Colorado mountains

As a recent seven-year resident of the Front Range, I ought to be able =
to suggest a few good side jaunts, but I may have some difficulty doing =
that by e-mail.  That having been said, I would be glad to answer =
questions (off-list, until we get a couple really good ideas to share) =
any of you may have, as best I can.  Marte may be in a better place to =
do so, but perhaps we have different ideas.

If you plan for your extra time to be AFTER the convention, you will be =
able to get plenty of suggestions DURING the convention.  Presumably, I =
will be there and will be glad to help.  And the current resident hosts =
are friendly and will have great ideas:  EVERYONE in Colorado knows =
something about the mountains (though surprisingly, some could care =

The convention tours themselves will show off a wide range of foothills =
scenery.  The trip down to the Springs gets up to 7500 ft on the way, =
and you have a great view of the very nearby Pike's Peak once you get =
there (weather cooperating).

Renting a car (if you do not drive to get there) would be much nicer =
than a bus, although if you are skittish about mountain driving (I-70 is =
easy enough) you may want to hook up with someone who is not a total =

I was in on the early planning for this convention, and I guess I still =
feel a little tinge of pride as I think of it coming up.  I think =
everyone will enjoy being there.

(Minnesota is NOT Colorado)  :(