CULT: boron in commercial iris regions

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: boron in commercial iris regions
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:02:44 -0700 (MST)

<<  I think I will contact my local  agricultural extension and find out
levels of boron are in the soil  type here. >>

Anner Whitehead asked:

< Might it be good to also find out what the levels are in the big <
< iris growing parts of the country?

I doubt my local agent would know.  Anybody out near Cooley's or
Schreiner's want to try to find out for us?

A technical publication about naturally occurring amounts of metals and
trace elements in different regions of the US does exist.  I will see if
I can find out what is considered 'deficient' for boron - since Brady
doesn't mention Oregon as being deficient, we would then know levels are
naturally above that amount.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA