Re: Iris japonica in bud

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Iris japonica in bud
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:42:12 -0700 (MST)

> Just noticed some good budded stalks on Iris japonica in the greenhouse.
> It regularly flowers there in March.  The plants survive outside (or have
> for 10 years) but do not bloom.  Only a single stalk was produced after a
> very mild winter some years ago.

     So far, I don't yet have buds on my variegated Iris japonica plants.
After some freezes in November, December, and New Year's Day, the plants
are now growing nicely, but a bit slow since many nights are dropping into
the mid to high 30's F (1 C to 4 C).  The days are warm.  If I get blooms,
I will let you all know.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.