Re: Re: trace elements generally

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Re: trace elements generally
  • From: Irisquilt@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 07:53:14 -0700 (MST)

In 1954, "The Care and Feeding of Garden Plants" was published by Prentice-
Hallby Am. Sox. for Horticultural Science & National Plant Food Institute. It
has wonderful color plates of plants with deficiencies.  Whe I see unusual
leaf coloring I take a look at this book to see what deficiences look like.
Maybe you can find it at a used book store.
I got to rummaging through some of my other books-Wyman didn't mention micro
nitrients, then I remembered a talk by Dr. John Weiler of CA-that led me to a
clipping from Reg 14-15 bulletin where the Lawlers participated in an
experiment on rust and Leaf Spot and the Chemicals they found most effective
were Bayelton, Sisthane, and Geigy 453. This was going to be published in 'CA
Plant Pathology' a Cooperative Ext of Un of CA.  It would probably be worth
looking up.  Anna Mae Kalamazoo zone 5