Re: Questions on Siberians and Japanese Irises.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Questions on Siberians and Japanese Irises.
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:29:07 -0700 (MST)

william b. cook wrote:
>      My questions are:
> 1.   Are the plants dead?
> 2.  Should I cut back the dead leaves and then feed them with Miracid?
> 3.  Should I cut back the dead leaves (has to be done anyway) and wait and
> see what happens?
>      I know that there is significant chance that these Irises will not
> last here anyway.

Mark, Your iris seem in the same condition as mine.  No, I doubt they
are dead, but dormant.  My Sibs and Japs go dormant each winter and the
foliage(I got it right!) turns brown.  I cut it back to the ground once
it is all brown (in the fall).  You should soon see new green growth
starting. Some of my Sibs are beginning to grow.  I would not fertilize
until you see new growth.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California