Re: QUESTION TO BEGINNERS

Irisborer@aol.com wrote:

> I am to give a program next weekend to a bunch of not-necessarily iris folk -
> so my question to the newer folk on the iris-L is this:
>
> What do you find valuable in a program???
>
> Do you like lots of slides?
> Do you want to know about planting and dividing irises?
> Are you interested in sourcing?
> Do we HAVE to talk about pests and diseases?
> So you actually read handouts... or do you 'circular file' them.
>
> Tell me what you like best when you go to a program.
>
> Kathyguest... who doesn't want to go down in flames
Hi kathy--
as a beginner i wanted to know about planting conditions, what kind of
fertilizing and when to do it, and how and when to divide. there's
nothing like lots o color illustation to confirm one's faith and to show
that all the work is worth.  as for diseases and pest, i'msorry i ever
heard the word "borer".
Rima   terra@catskill.net
upstate ny   zone 4