Re: Var:Dykes Medalist

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Var:Dykes Medalist
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 18:26:28 -0700 (MST)

	Jeff wrote:

>Would those who are knowledgable about beardless iris care to suggest some
>likely candidates from among the Dykes-eligible varieties so that those of
>us who have to make a special effort to get better acquainted with them
>could seek them out and give them fair consideration before the balloting
>takes place?

	Walter - good idea....since you were the one who started this thread
	you can list the 'contestants'. :-)

	I can try with the following list.  These are bearded and
beardless.  If there are errors, please correct them.

	TB		ACOMA, CITY LIGHTS, AMERICA'S CUP

	LA		VOO DOO MAGIC

	BB		SONJA'S SELAH

	MTB		ZULA

	IB		HOT SPICE

	AB 1/2		TURKISH PENDANT

	AB 1/4		OMAR THE TENTMAKER

	SDB		BEDFORD LILAC

	MDB		GRAPELET

	SPU		COUNTESS ZEPPELIN

	SIB		CORONATION ANTHEM

	CA		NIGHT EDITOR

	JI		ELECTRIC RAYS, IAPETUS

	This information comes from pages 61-62 of the October issue of
the Bulletin.

	Six irises from the above list had more votes in 1997 than ACOMA.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8