Siberian and Japanese Irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Siberian and Japanese Irises
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 19:07:55 -0700 (MST)

     I wish to thank those who have responded to my question about these
two Iris types.  Anna Mae mentioned seed pods.  These plants did not have
seed pods.  When I lived in Kentucky, I always removed any seed pods I was
not intending to save.  This past September, I dug the plants, cut the
leaves back to about 10", cleaned the roots thoroughly, and brought them
down to Florida.
     I normally had been cutting the leaves in the fall.  This time, I had
neglected too.  So, I will cut them back to about 1" and see what happens.
By no means are these plants lacking for water...

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.