HIST: Irises With Six Standards (!)

I'm in the process of locating historic irises in our local
Springfield area that people who aren't in HIPS grow, and just had a
chat with Bev DeWitt, our last year's local President, who has in the
past given me several historics that she grows. There are two she
mentioned this morning, that sound really interesting. She would like to
know if she has the names right on these; she got them locally and was
told what they thought the names were. One has 5 standards and one has
six, and so are sterile. All the standards lie flat. Anyone grow these?

BLACK BEAUTY, TB-M-R7D (Kirkland 1934)  A black on the red side w/6
standards, Bev sez.
RHYTHM  TB  24" M  RV1A (Ballard, R.1950)  Red-violet self, applanate. 5
standards.

Does "applanate" mean a flat iris?

When she has enough increase on these she will give me a piece.

Thanks!
Barb J. 		lgjohnson@getonthe.net
Near Springfield, MO