  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • From: "Edmund L. Castillo" <castillo@pipeline.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 09:45:30 -0700 (MST)

At 11:33 AM 2/14/98 -0700, Kathy Guest  wrote:

>What do you find valuable in a program???
>Do you like lots of slides?
>Do you want to know about planting and dividing irises?
>Are you interested in sourcing?
>Do we HAVE to talk about pests and diseases?
>So you actually read handouts... or do you 'circular file' them.
>Tell me what you like best when you go to a program.

Yes to slides if they are GOOD, and arranged to make specific points, such
as showing the parts of a flower, differences between bearded, Japanese,
Siberian, etc.  It's ok to show some just because they are pretty, but there
needs to be a flow of logic.  They should illustrate your talk, not the talk
caption the slides.

If your audience is going to grow irises, planting and dividing are pretty
important subjects, and also lend themselves to illustration by slides.

I'm afraid a little about pests and diseases in necessary, but also bring in

Yes to handouts if they supplement your talk.  No if they are just lists.

I guess you can go light on sourcing, but not omit it.

Good luck.

Edmund L. Castillo in Loudoun Co., VA