Re: HIST: Irises With Six Falls

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HIST: Irises With Six Falls
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:00:38 -0700 (MST)

Rick Tasco writes:
> This is one reason I discontinued all of the so called "flat iris" I
> used to have.  Most would not perform as advertised.  The majority would
> have mostly normal flowers which would sometimes sag.  Got tired of
> customer complaints.  But I will entertain suggestions for any that are
> consistant.

Have you ever encountered an old IB plicata going by the name of "Little
I say "going by the name of" as I understand this iris has never been
registered. I received it as an extra in an order of iris from A Redlands
Garden in southern California almost twenty years ago. I have tried to get
rid of it several times, but it keeps coming back, so it must be hardy and
tough. The six parts of the blossom do seem to lie down like they are
supposed to quite consistently.

All those mighty California storms have been fizzling before they reach us
- light drizzle here today