Re: SPEC- I.ensata i adn sibirica in Florida

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC- I.ensata i adn sibirica in Florida
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 18:21:49 -0700 (MST)

> I grow I. ensata and I siberica  outside of Charleston SC.
> Do like I do try them and you maybe surprised in what will grow
> for you.
> Pat Brooks

Pat, and all,
     These Irises will be given an honest chance here.  Some plants that
are common here and in Kentucky, such as the Spiderwort, perform
differently here.  In Kentucky, the Spiderworts did not bloom until the
Siberian Irises were in bloom.  Here, Spiderworts have been blooming for a
couple of weeks.  They started blooming with the Redbuds.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.