Re: CAT: Joe Pye Weed's Garden

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CAT: Joe Pye Weed's Garden
  • From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:58:53 -0700 (MST)

Kathy Marble wrote:

> >> New Englanders (and those in similar climates) will be glad to hear that
> >> they are including a spring shipment date.
> >
> >Chris writes:
> >Yes, this is indeed good news, now we must convince Carol Warner of Draycott
> >Gardens and others to do the same thing!
> Kathy writes back:
> Isn't there an inherent problem in this?  Joe Pye Weed has a "northern"
> season, whereas Carol Warner would be more advanced weatherwise.  For her to
> have a "spring" shipping date it would probably have to be earlier,
> therefore the plants would be more advanced than Ontario would accomodate.
> There may be ways to get around this problem, I don't know.

Chris states:It does not have to be terribly complicated. She could just state her
range of dates that would be available for Spring shipment and leave it at that.
If the time frame works for a more northerly gardener then they would make the
appropriate arrangements for delivery.

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI