Spring Shipment of Siberians, etc.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Spring Shipment of Siberians, etc.
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:17:07 -0700 (MST)

The possibility of spring shipment of Sibs makes a lot of sense to
me.  I have found the late shipment  (for "late", read "fall")
shipment doesn't work so great with things being planted here in NW
Iowa.  We don't always get the required growing time for the new
plants to put down good root systems to make it through winter.
Right now I'm holding my breath, wondering if all I put in in Sept.,
even Oct., will make it through the winter.  On the other hand,
I have yet to have a spring-planted Sib fail me.  Admittedly I have
not had many come at that time, but those always have thrived.

Arnold Koekkoek

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250