European Sources

Another interestig website has been mentioned on alpine-l which will
interest some members of iris-l.  This is the plant finder site run out
of Germany.  It can be found at:-

http://www.flora.de/daten/ppp/ppp.html

It is in German.  If you go down to Gattung and type in Iris then you
will get a list of irises by species and varieties that are available.
The direct page reference is:-

http://www.flora.de/cgi/ppp/pflanzen.pl

 The list is quite long and goes as far as ensata and then stops.
Obviously, the list goes on but my German is very rusty and I can not
find the "next page" button.  None of those at the bottom of the page
gives one the species after ensata.  Anyone fluent in German who can
help us through the maze?

It looks as if this will lead to finding the source of a lot of species
that are difficult to find in N.America.

Ian, in Ottawa where we still have a foot or more of ice covered snow
and the temperature is still trying to get up above freezing.