Re: European Sources

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: European Sources
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:10:44 -0700 (MST)

Ian E. & Shirley Efford wrote:
> Another interestig website has been mentioned on alpine-l which will
> interest some members of iris-l.  This is the plant finder site run out
> of Germany.  It can be found at:-
> http://www.flora.de/daten/ppp/ppp.html
> It is in German.  If you go down to Gattung and type in Iris then you
> will get a list of irises by species and varieties that are available.
> The direct page reference is:-
> http://www.flora.de/cgi/ppp/pflanzen.pl
>  The list is quite long and goes as far as ensata and then stops.
> Obviously, the list goes on but my German is very rusty and I can not
> find the "next page" button.  None of those at the bottom of the page
> gives one the species after ensata.  Anyone fluent in German who can
> help us through the maze?
> It looks as if this will lead to finding the source of a lot of species
> that are difficult to find in N.America.
> Ian, in Ottawa where we still have a foot or more of ice covered snow
> and the temperature is still trying to get up above freezing.

Ian -- My German is rusty, too, but I think the flashing message
preceding and following the list says, "Only the first 100 plants that
match your request are given. If the plant you are looking for is not
here, try refining your request."  There is no "next page" button. Nor
do I find instructions for refining the request. Aber, versuchen sie
noch! (Keep trying.) The key may be there someplace.