Re: Looking For Cut Crystal

Glenn(Linda) Simmons wrote:

> Hi Folks,   Years ago I bought my MOM the TB Cut Crystal in Garland, Texas.
> It was in an iris garden that is no longer in existance.    The man
> had a heart attack and the woman decided to quit the year after I had bought
> several from them.  Cut Crystal is a pure white self with a pure white beard
> also.   There (now my memory is faulty, after all I'm over 40 and I never
> actually had this one in my own yard) was no blush of yellow or any
> other color that I remember.   My MOM had it in her iris garden for many
> years but it disappeared.   I really, really really want it, but I am leary
> of getting the wrong iris.  I am willing to trade or buy it.   I would like
> to be able to get it for my MOM this year (she's 81) and put it back in her
> garden.  Between the two of us we have bought since the time that Cut
> Crystal has disappeared everything that has come on the market that is
> discribed as a pure white self.   The difference between these new white
> selfs and the old
> Cut Crystal is they do not seem to last even 1 year.  One of my friends who
> belongs to the same iris club has been on the lookout and bought one from
> someone and as soon as it had a baby she gave it to me. Unfortunately, when
> it bloomed last year, it turned out to be Blenheim Royal.   Very pretty
> iris, unfortunately I already had it .  No fault of my friend, just whoever
> sold it to her.   If anyone can help me  I will be glad to trade or buy.   I
> think trading is so much fun!  I do it a lot here in town.   Thank you for
> your time .
>
> Linda Simmons

Linda, I told you that Mary's Garden has CUT CRYSTAL (Nate Rudolph
1975), but her description of it is not a pure white w/a white beard,
but essentially the same as in the check list, which says: Standards
milk white base w/light lemon and light lilac flush; falls milk white
w/lemon hafts and 1/4" edge; ruffled, fluted; white beard tipped lemon;
fragrant.  Hmmm. A puzzle for sure...wonder what you had that was PURE
white? Was it also fragrant?

Barb J.		lgjohnson@getonthe.net
Near Springfield, MO	AIS, HIPS, RIS, MIS