Re: Spring Shipment of Siberians, etc.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Spring Shipment of Siberians, etc.
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:21:32 -0700 (MST)

<< Is this what you do, Kathy?  How does it work? >>

I pot up the siberians when they are received

I care for them OUTSIDE
When it gets chilly... I put them between my garage and the neighbors-from-
hell's spite fence.  As I place each pot I pack it on all sides with shredded
cypress.... and finish up with about 3 inches or so on top... The pots are all
packed in there like sardines (I'm a plant-aholic, folks.... with a finite
yard - there are ALWAYS far more plants in pots than anyone should have going
into winter).

I pay no other attention to them until the weather begins to behave... then I
remove the top mulch only.... and let them get used to that.

I never lose a daylily... and I've been very successful with this treatment
for both JI's and siberians.... and even hostas and some more exotic stuff.

Kathyguest.   trying to make herself clear on four hours sleep
in East Aurora, NY