CULT: Irises in pots.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: Irises in pots.
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:38:52 -0700 (MST)

     On a couple of occasions in Kentucky, I planted some Irises in pots
because they were extremely late arrivals.  I sunk the pots in the soil on
the "less wet" side of the house.  There, I could give them water as needed
(they got enough), but being in the drier site, they were not near as prone
to heaving.  In all instances, this was successful, and the plants bloomed
that spring.  This was also successful for Daylilies.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.