Re: Pot Culture (no, it's not what you think!)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Pot Culture (no, it's not what you think!)
  • From: "Merrily A. Smith" <merrilyann@erols.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:40:58 -0700 (MST)

I have several TBs, some historic, in pots because the garden is full and I
couldn't bear to throw them out.  They've lived through the winter ok,
though that's not much considering how mild the winter in DC has been.
They are growing, too.  I gave them the same treatment I gave the iris in
the ground -- course sand on top, then pine branches across the rhizomes.
Whether any will bloom is another story.  But as I said, at least they ain't
daid yet.  Merrily Smith