Re: OT convention planning

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT convention planning
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:46:41 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Marte Halleck wrote:

> Hello, all -- this is long, so hit "delete" if not interested!
>
> Last week there was some chat re the Denver AIS Convention in June -- I
> didn't rise to the bait then but now want to throw out some comments.
>
> Getting from DIA to the Tech Center will be pricey unless the hotel
> you're staying at provides airport shuttle service -- cab fare will be
> outrageous.

	This is scary!

	Somebody in Denver please tell us if the hotel will provide
shuttle service.  I had a bad experience with a cabbie in Detroit.  I had
missed the shuttle and didn't want to wait another two hours for it to
return and took a cab, the driver taking the longer (scenic?) route which
cost $40.

	The January issues of former AIS Bulletins used to go into greater
detail about the convention (garden previews), transportation, etc.  But
the last few years just the bare essentials have been given.  I heard some
people at Detroit say their first day (Tuesday) was wasted because there
was nothing for them to do as they were not interested in section
meetings. Had more details been available they would not have come so
early.  They had already made reservations with the hotel and airline
before the convention materials arrived, having used the dates in the
Bulletin as a guide.

	Earlier, I had planned to go to Denver, but now I am getting cold
feet.  Denverites, convince me that I should come to the convention.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8