Re: Iris ID

> I'm back. There is an iris in the flower bed where I work and since we
> thinking of doing away with the bed I will take it home. I don't know a
> about irises besides TBs. I hope someone can tell me what it is. It has
> rhisomes like a TB but smaller. The fans are more slender than a TB. The
> flowers are blue but I don't remember if they are bearded. I am learning
> from you guys and have a lot to learn . Thanks.

     It sounds like your Iris may be one that belongs in one of the Median
Iris Categories such as a Miniature Tall Bearded (MTB), or Intermediate
Bearded (IB) Iris.
     With slender fans and a blue flower, this sounds like it could
possibly be a Siberian Iris.  I don't mean to confuse you, but does it have
sort of "grassy" foliage taller than a TB Iris's foliage?  Does it bloom
after the TB Irises peak?  Does it make a neat thick clump?  If the answer
to these three questions is "yes" it most likely is a Siberian.  If the
answer to these questions is no, see the top paragraph.  Siberians are

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.