Re: OT convention planning

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT convention planning
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 06:26:47 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Gerry Snyder wrote:

> Walter A. Moores wrote:
> >
> > ....  Earlier, I had planned to go to Denver, but now I am getting cold
> > feet.  Denverites, convince me that I should come to the convention.
> Think Loomis Test Garden. Seems like a good reason to go to me!
> -Gerry, who wasn't an irisarian his 7 years in Denver/Boulder
> --
> gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
> Warm, winterless Los Angeles
> President of San Fernando Valley Iris Society
> My work?  Helping generate data for http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/galileo
	I'm not worried about getting to any gardens because the tour
buses will get us there.  I am worried about getting from the airport to
the hotel.  I don't fly often and don't like the thought of getting ripped
off by a cabbie because I am not familiar with the airport or the city.
The vultures at the Detroit apirport were enough for me.

	Walter Moores (dreaming of the good old days-long gone-when a
contigent of local iris society members gathered at the airport to greet
the conventioneers.  No, I am not naive enough to expect this but I need
to know about shuttle bus service or van service before I decide to spend
a minimum of $1,000 on this convention.)

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8