Re: Spring planting bearded-why not?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Spring planting bearded-why not?
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:26:17 -0700 (MST)

>Why not plant TB in the Spring?
>A friend gave me a dried rhizome from last year.
>Should I wait till "X" summer month to plant it?
> Virginia Lassiter    zone 7/8 near Atlanta GA

It's possible but I would be very surprised if a dried rhizome from last
year would still be alive.  This might be a case in which you would want to
try planting it immediately in a pot. Let us know the results.  Might be a
new record for survival out of the ground!

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943