OT: Convention hotel, etc.

Hello, again:

The hotel was the BEST facility available when we toured four years ago. =
 It had the most amenities right in the building, and has a very =
pleasant ambience, larger rooms than some, etc.  We decided that the =
Tech Center would be good because it is more or less halfway between =
Boulder and the Springs, and therefore would reduce the longest bus =
rides for tour days.  The new airport is a long way from anywhere!  On =
the other hand, flying into Colorado Springs is not necessarily easier =
either, because the traffic in C.S. can be more congested than from the =
Denver airport to the hotel.

One of the features that impressed us about the convention hotel at the =
Tech Center was that they had their own shuttle bus for things OTHER =
than the airport.  I believe that they would take people anywhere within =
a certain radius on request, and that they would make longer trips if a =
certain number of people (25 maybe?) signed on to go somewhere - such as =
Cherry Creek for shopping.

I think maybe the ownership of the hotel has changed (as so often =
happens) since original arrangements were made.  So I am not sure that =
this service is still in force.

There may be side trips that are being offered when you register.  I am =
not sure why they were not listed in the bulletin, however.  When we =
decided for political and space reasons not to have the Denver =
Botannical Gardens on tour, it was thought that this would be an =
optional side trip offered.

Write to the registrar Linda Doty if you have further questions about =
any of this.  I'll bet you get a bunch of info back with your =
registration confirmation.

It will be a good convention.

David
Missing CO in MN