Re: CULT: Survival out of the Ground

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Survival out of the Ground
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:58:24 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 98-02-19 12:38:06 EST,  Bill said.....
>> a new record for survival out of the ground.
Then Sharon added:

>I've told this story before, but as we
>have many new people on the list....
Now, I've got one.....   a local hybrizer and major sweetie Anna Rettig hosted
an iris sale at her house many years ago.  Each happy customer was dispatched
with their irises in a brown paper bag.  Well, one year as she was setting up
for the sale, she discovered some irises in a bag from the previous sale!!!
So we're talking July to July, boyz and girlz.

Anna could grow rice in the desert and it never occured to her to trash these
pathetic rhizomes... she soaked them in some Miracle Grow and planted

.....they bloomed the following year.

Kathyguest ... who has a bunch of TB's in a bucket in the garage and is
wondering if she'll be able to add to the story.  The only time I think about
them is when my headlights hit them.