Re: Spring planting bearded-why not?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Spring planting bearded-why not?
  • From: "John Bruce" <jbruce@infinet.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:32:29 -0700 (MST)

>Why not plant TB in the Spring?
>A friend gave me a dried rhizome from last year.
>Should I wait till "X" summer month to plant it?
> Virginia Lassiter    zone 7/8 near Atlanta GA

Virginia, I can't vouch for how well it will do, but I gave a neighbor some
rhizomes when they were dug
one July. She put them in one of those plastic grocery bags and hung them in
her garage. She forgot them, and found them the following spring. About half
of them still had green on the increases.  She planted them that spring and
they are doing well.
While I would not recommend this treatment,  some seem to be very tough.

John Bruce