OT: Convention "costs"

This is one convention location that I'm "sick" about not being able get
away to because of work conflicts--and I'm in near disbelief to read that
uncertainties about getting to and from the airport or convention hotel
"costs" are even being considered.  Please--if you can afford to get away,
get away and have a good time.  Not to criticise Oklahoma City next year,
but it's not the Rockies.