Pot Culture

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Pot Culture
  • From: Ross <ross@dsrt.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:33:57 -0700 (MST)

I have been most interested in the posts regarding intense summer sun and
starting new iris. Last summer was my first really serious iris season and
I put quite a few TB's in the ground. I planted most as recommended but
arranged to plant others when our New Mexico sun wasn't quite so intense. I
won't know for sure until this summer (maybe I never will) but it seemed to
me that the rz's that got set out in that hot sun had a harder time getting
established. Or, is it my imagination? I'd love to hear how some of you
folks treat your new plantings. Do you provide any shade or cover? If my
hunch is correct, I may try Walter's pot idea this year.
Where we've had three of our usual six pre-springs, the mud is ankle deep
all overthe state and the tulips are just pushing up above ground.