OT-BIO Suzanne Edgecombe

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT-BIO Suzanne Edgecombe
  • From: "Suzanne Edgecombe"<sedgeco1@agso.gov.au>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:00:15 -0700 (MST)

     My name is Sue Edgecombe, and I have just joined your mailing list.  I
     live in a small village called Michelago, approx 50km south of
     Canberra in southeastern Australia.  Our climate ranges from -12
     degrees centigrade to 40+ degrees centigrade, so I am not entirely
     sure which American climatic zone our area compares to.
     My mother and grandmothers have always grown irises, so I guess it was
     natural that I continue the tradition, and we have bought an old place
     with a very run down garden and are slowly re landscaping in a cottage
     garden style so irises fit in beautifully.  I bought a mixed bag of
     iris rhizomes from a supplier really cheaply, so I am waiting
     impatiently until next October to see what I have planted.
     The real motivation for joining your list is that a business associate
     and I have been considering propagating bulb irises to sell the bulbs
     (secondary to this is selling the cut flowers during the flowering
     season). So I expect that we will be learning a lot from the list, and
     asking many many questions in the next few months.
     Suzanne Edgecombe