Re: OT-BIO Suzanne Edgecombe

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-BIO Suzanne Edgecombe
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:23:30 -0700 (MST)

>      My name is Sue Edgecombe, and I have just joined your mailing list.
>      live in a small village called Michelago, approx 50km south of
>      Canberra in southeastern Australia.  Our climate ranges from -12
>      degrees centigrade to 40+ degrees centigrade, so I am not entirely
>      sure which American climatic zone our area compares to.

		<snip>

Suzanne,
     Welcome to the Iris List.  There are several other Australian members
you may wish to get to "know."  As for your climate, it sounds like it
would compare to a USDA Zone 7 or 8, with 7 being colder that 8.  10
degrees F is the cutoff between the two, and that is what -12 C happens to
translate to.  Good luck with your Irises and don't be afraid to ask
questions.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.         USDA Zone 8/9      Sunset Zone 26/28