Re: Spring planting bearded-why not?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Spring planting bearded-why not?
  • From: "John I. Jones" <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 21:56:23 -0700 (MST)

>Why not plant TB in the Spring?
>A friend gave me a dried rhizome from last year.
>Should I wait till "X" summer month to plant it?
> Virginia Lassiter    zone 7/8 near Atlanta GA

We have had previous reports on the list of rzs being out of the ground for
over a year and coming back to bloom. They might miss bloom the first year,
and it is certainly not the best way to treat them, but they are amazingly resilient.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.
There are currently 25 Iris pictures on my Website. Visit me at:
http://members.home.net/jijones