Cult I. Minutaurea

I have found some I. Minutaurea and have some questions hopefully someone can
help with.

WOI refers to it as I. Minutoaurea and I. MINUTO-AUREA (pgs. 27 & 291 respectively)

Hortus 3d and another source, cited by the supplier, refer to it a I. Minutaurea.

I am a complete novice on taxonomy, and would like to know which is proper.

The supplier recommends a well drained, gravelly soil, and says the I. M. will
stand a lot of sun (at least in OR)

WOI mentions its popularity in Japanese tray landscape gardens, requiring a
rather heavy clay soil, never too dry or too wet, and frequent mild feeding.

Anybody have any other references to it, or successful experience with it?

I found an internet reference to I.M. in the rare plant auction of the New
England chapter of NARGS and hope I can find someone there to help as well.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.
There are currently 25 Iris pictures on my Website. Visit me at: