Re: OT: Convention hotel, etc.

I look on the AIS convention as a learning, enjoyable vacation>  What do you
spend on vacations, even weekend getaways are in the hundreds of $.  I enjoy
the section meetings because that is where you learn how to grow different
kinds of iris to extend your bloom time in your garden.  Have you ever tried
to find a space for 8 simultaneous meetings each day, banquet facilities for
from 500-1000/2000 and you need rooms for people to stay overnight.  The
registration would be horrendous if we didn't get some of the rooms gratis
because so many rooms were being rented.  I do fault the committee for not
arranging tours because I do like to see something of the state I'm visiting
for an extra nights hotel bill.  Yes, shuttle should be included
inexpensively and I don't think $15 one way is.  Anna Mae, Kalamazoo z 5