REF: BIS Species Iris Book

<<  I am finding a few things in the BIS species book that are not consistant
 with previous reports or what I know to be the facts.  I suggest using this
 book with some caution. >>

As I continue to use my copy of this book, A Guide to Species Irises, their
Indentification and Cultivation,  I am coming to respect and enjoy it more and
more. There are some gaps in the practicalities of culture, and the print
really is too small, but it is an amazing effort and I do not regret for one
minute purchasing the book.  The one flaw that is of abiding concern to me is
the indices, which are inadequate. I would have liked a good meaty
geographical index, for instance.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,VA
Henry Hall henryanner@aol.com