Re: OT convention planning

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT convention planning
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:46:24 -0700 (MST)

>What I'd like to know is
>whether there are other places nearby, near enough to be considered
>walking distance, that suit a slimmer pocketbook.

Arnold, I would also ask about neighborhoods. A running friend of ours was
shot to death in Colorado Springs while walking from his hotel to a nearby
drugstore. He and his wife were there with a convention group, the Arkansas
Pikes Peak Marathon Society, but were staying in a different hotel. No one
had warned him about the crime in that hotel's neighborhood. Colorado
Springs is known as a safe, friendly place, and it is, mostly. But every
city has its problems.

Denver is a bigtime big city. I wouldn't hesitate to book a cheaper hotel,
but do check out the neighborhood of whatever hotel you use. I think that
is good advice no matter where one travels.

celia
storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock, Arkansas, USDA Zone 7b
257 feet above sea level,
average rainfall about 50 inches (more than 60" in '97)
average relative humidity (at 6 a.m.) 84%.
moderate winters, hot summers ... but lots of seesaw action in all seasons